Amazon has launched the Amazon Pay UPI for Android users. The company has partnered with Axis bank to issue UPI IDs to its customers. It allows customers to link their bank account on their Amazon mobile app and make fast, easy, and secure payments directly from the bank account.
Customers can use their Amazon Pay UPI ID to shop on Amazon.in, and also to make payments for their everyday needs including recharges and bill payments without entering bank account or debit card credentials, or going through a multi-layer process to pay from their bank account. Every transaction is secured through mobile device verification as well as the UPI PIN.
Customers can link their bank account and complete one time set up the process by setting up a UPI PIN, after which they can make instant payments. Amazon says this launch is a key step to enable Amazon customers in adopting BHIM UPI as a digital payment method. Amazon Pay will continue to leverage the UPI platform to launch new features to further simplify customer experience and expand into new use cases.
To try out the Amazon Pay UPI payments experience, log into Amazon from your Android mobile phone and choose UPI as your payment method to shop on Amazon.
To register for UPI through Amazon,
- 1. Open Amazon.in App, tap Amazon Pay to open Amazon Pay dashboard.
- Tap Payment Options. On the Manage Payment Options page, tap Manage Bank Account and proceed to add a new bank account.
- Tap Add bank Account Linked to UPI.
- Choose your bank from the list.Note: Only an Indian Savings bank account is supported.
- If you have multiple SIMs in your phone, it will ask you to select the SIM card associated with your bank account.Note: The mobile number in use must be same as the mobile number registered with your Savings bank account.
- Tap Verify your mobile number.Note: You might need to allow Amazon to send an SMS and read it to verify your mobile number.
- Post verification of your mobile number, your bank account details will be securely sought from the bank with the mobile number and the bank name you provided. Tap Link Bank Account to link it.
- Verify your debit card details by entering last 6 digits of your debit card number and expiry date of your debit card. Tap Set your UPI PIN and follow the instructions to set your secure UPI PIN.
- If you have an existing UPI PIN, you’ll be asked to enter it.
- If you don’t remember your PIN, tap Forgot UPI PIN? Click here and follow the instructions.
Vishal Kanvaty, SVP Product & Innovations at National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), said:
Our goal is to ensure simple, secure and seamless consumer experience while making payments. This association with Amazon is a step in offering consumers more options and seamless experiences while using UPI. We are excited that millions of customers on Amazon will now be able to make digital payments through UPI to buy products from Amazon’s entire seller base.
Vikas Bansal, Director – Amazon Pay said:
We are very excited with our Amazon Pay UPI launch, this will offer a fast, seamless and secure digital payment experience on Amazon.in. Through Amazon Pay UPI, we are enabling customers paying through cash and bank accounts to make digital one-step payments for their shopping and other payment needs. We are constantly working towards delivering an awesome experience for our customers and the launch of Amazon Pay UPI is a key milestone in this journey. This launch will help accelerate adoption of merchant payments on UPI platform.
Sanjeev Moghe, Head Cards & Payments, Axis Bank said:
Axis Bank has always been at the forefront of promoting a digitized economy and has been making sustained investments in new cashless and digital payment methods. We are excited to partner with Amazon to implement the UPI ID for its customers. This partnership will help millions of customers enjoy safe and seamless online payments through the UPI mode of payment.