Samsung has announced its Exynos 7 Series 7904 processor for its mid-range smartphones targeted at Indian market. This includes support for triple-camera support and supports single-camera resolution of up to 32-megapixels (MP). The company said that the third camera in a smartphone can take panoramic pictures with wide angles or add bokeh effects for aesthetic blur in portraits.
It is built on 14-nanometer (nm) process, similar to other Exynos 7 Series 7904 processors, but this uses dual Cortex-A73 cores that run at 1.8-gigahertz (GHz), and six Cortex-A53 cores at 1.6 GHz.
Highlights of Samsung Exynos 7 7904 SoC
- Octa Core – 1.8GHz x 2 ARM Cortex-A73 CPUs + 1.6GHz x 6 ARM Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Mali-G71 MP2GPU
- 14nm LPP FinFET process technology
- LTE Cat. 12 3CA download speeds of up to 600Mbps, Cat.13 2CA upload speeds of up to 150Mbps (UL)
- Up to Full HD+ (2400×1080) display resolution
- Up to 4K 30fps encoding and decoding with HEVC(H.265), HEVC(H.265), H.264 and VP8, and decoding with VP9
- Up to 32MP for both rear and front cameras, Dual Camera 16MP+16MP, advanced triple-camera setup for high-resolution imaging
- LPDDR4x memory, eMMC 5.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) , Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio
- GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo) solution to achieve positioning accuracy
Samsung has started Exynos 7 Series 7904 mass production and is expected to power its upcoming M Series is all set to launch next Monday