Qualcomm at its 4G/5G Summit 2018 at Hong Kong announced Snapdragon 675, the company’s next generation Mobile Platform in the 600-tier. This promises 20% overall performance improvement, optimized across 2
performance (based on new Cortex A76) cores and 6 effciency cores (based on Cortex A55). It has Qualcomm AI Engine, Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP, Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPUs and Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU.
The Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform provides new architectures and performance improvements over the Snapdragon 670 in the following areas:
- Gaming: A number of specific games and game engines have been optimized including Unity, Unreal, Messiah, and NeoX. Qualcomm Technologies also supports popular tools and APIs, including Vulkan, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL, and Snapdragon profiler.
- Capture: Qualcomm Spectra 250 series ISP for enhanced camera performance. Supports a triple camera configuration in the front or back, supporting features such as telephoto, wide angle, and super-wide image capture, as well as enhanced portrait mode (Bokeh) and 3D face unlock. Capable of recording extended slo-mo video clips in HD at 480fps
- Artificial Intelligence: Multi-core AI Engine engineered to deliver up to 50% overall improvements in AI applications. The multi-core AI Engine is designed to improve mobile devices’ ability to acquire information and become the ultimate personal assistant by capturing photos and videos, learning and adapting to a user’s voice, and optimizing battery life. AI use cases supported on Snapdragon 675 include camera (scene and object detection, image style transfer, portrait relighting), security (face unlock, payment security), voice and translation.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2GHz Kryo 460 (performance) (CA76) + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 460 (efficiency) (CA55) CPUs
- 11nm LPP process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 bit LPDDR4x 1866MHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – Up to 25 MP single camera, 16MP dual camera, Up to 48 MP snapshot, 14-bit 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP), Up to 4K video capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS
- Supports up to FHD+ (2520×1080 pixel) displays, Up to 4K external display support
- Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up via 3x20MHz downlink, 2X20MHz uplink
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD playback @ 30 FPS, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @ 120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV), Qualcomm All Mode with support for all
major cellular modes plus LAA. Support for: VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform is available for OEMs today and is expected is expected to arrive in consumer devices in Q1 2019.