Google just announced the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL smartphones as it had promised. The Pixel 3 has a 5.5-inch Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio and the Pixel 3 XL comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio and a notch. These have a similar 12.2-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Dual Pixel auto focus, and comes with dual rear 8-megapixel cameras, one with 97-degree wide-angle lens for group selfies. These come with new AI-powered camera features.
- Top Shot – AI based feature that capture multiple shots to pick out the best photo
- Super Res Zoom – Produces sharp details when you zoom
- Night Sight – Lets you take bright, detailed, colorful shots even in low light (coming soon to Pixel 3)
- Photobooth mode – Uses AI to recognize that when you’re smiling or making a funny expression, you’re ready for a selfie.
Both run Android 9.0 (Pie). These have Titan Security, the system that protects most sensitive on-device data by securing the lock screen and strengthening disk encryption.
These have Pixel’s iconic two-tone design, an aluminum frame with hybrid coating, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back. These also have IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance. Google says that these have 40% louder dual front firing speakers compared to the predecessor. These pack 2915 mAh and 3430mAh batteries, respectively with support for fast charging as well as wireless charging.
Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL specifications
- Pixel 3 – 5.5-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 3 XL – 6.3-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 523 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 76° FOV, Dual PD auto focus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps, Spectral + flicker sensor
- 8MP auto focus front camera with f/1.8 aperture, 75° FOV, secondary 8MP fixed focus camera with f/2.2 aperture aperture, 97° FOV, 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps
- Fingerprint sensor
- Active Edge
- Water and dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo front-firing speakers, 3 microphones
- Pixel 3 Dimensions: 145.6 x 68.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 148g
- Pixel 3 XL Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 184g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1 , NFC
- Pixel 3 – 2915 mAh (Pixel 3) / 3430mAh (Pixel 3 XL) battery with fast charging, wireless charging
The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL come in Clearly White, Just Black and Not Pink colors and come with Google Pixel USB-C earbuds in the box.
The Pixel 3 is priced at $799 (Rs. 59,175 approx.) and $899 (Rs. 66,580 approx.) for 64GB and 128GB versions,respectively . The Pixel 3 XL costs $899 (Rs. 66,580 approx.) and $999 (Rs. 73,990 approx.) for 64GB and 128GB versions, respectively. The Pixel Stand with 10W charging costs $79 (Rs. 5,850 approx.)
These are available for pre-order in the US from today and will be available in India from November 1st starting at Rs. 71,000 with pre-orders starting from October 11th.