Garmin India has launched fēnix 5X Plus Multisport rugged watch targeted at athletes and outdoor adventurers. The fēnix 5X Plus is the first wearable device that has a wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor to track blood oxygen saturation awareness at higher altitudes, says the company. It was introduced in June.
It has three-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as multisatellite (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) network capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. Other features include GroupTrack and LiveTrack allow users to keep tabs on their buddies for adventures such as skiing and friends to follow their adventures in real time respectively. The Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter a distance they would like to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses.
It has scratch-resistant sapphire lens, PVD coated stainless-steel bezel with a silicone watch band and has Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlighting for readability in all conditions.
Garmin fēnix 5X Plus features and specifications
- 1.2-inch (240 x 240 pixels) sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display
- Smaller-sized multisport GPS smartwatch with wrist heart rate technology and color TOPO maps featuring Trendline popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Easily store and play up to 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution² lets you make convenient payments with your watch
- Built-in navigation sensors include three-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as multisatellite (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) network capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Water resistant up to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Wrist-based Pulse Oximeter offers altitude acclimation awareness
- Battery performance: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode, 11 hours in GPS mode, 4.5 hours in GPS mode with music and up to 25 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode (depending on settings)
The Garmin fēnix 5X Plus is priced at Rs. 79,990 and available at web stores of Garmin, Paytmmall, Amazon, Flipkart etc. The series would also be available in select offline stores Croma, Reliance Digital, Helios-The Watch Store, Just in Time, etc.
Commenting on the launch, Ali Rizvi, National Sales Manager Garmin India said:
Garmin has launched this intelligent smart watch with maps, music and payment features, keeping in mind the needs of the adventurers who engage in long stretched activities. When using the smart watch users can travel light, the features in the watch bring convenience and fun to the user activities to make them memorable.