Garmin has announced fēnix 5S series of multisport GPS watches –5S Plus, 5 Plus and 5X Plus with built-in routable topographical maps, storage for music playlists, Garmin Pay contactless payment solution and wrist-based Pulse Oximeter for altitude acclimation awareness. These rugged watches range in size from 42-51mm and all boast a bright, sunlight readable display.
It has wrist-based heart rate and all of the multisport and smart connectivity features of the previous fēnix 5 models, in addition these also include built-in map data optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking. These maps can be used with the round-trip course creator that allows runners and cyclists to enter a distance they would like to run or ride, then select a route from a list of appropriate courses to choose from.
These have sophisticated training features to help monitor form and performance. Training status automatically evaluates recent exercise history to let users know if they’re overtraining, maintaining or peaking. These are Connect IQ compatible, so users customize their watch with widgets, data fields, watch faces and apps. When paired with a compatible smartphone, users can get call, text and email notifications right on their wrist. These feature multi-network satellite reception, now including Galileo to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Garmin fēnix 5S Plus, 5 Plus and 5X Plus features and specifications
- 1.2-inch (240 x 240 pixels) sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) display
- Smaller-sized multisport GPS smartwatch with wrist heart rate technology and color TOPO maps featuring Trendline popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Easily store and play up to 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution² lets you make convenient payments with your watch
- Built-in navigation sensors include three-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as multisatellite (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) network capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Water resistant up to 10 ATM (100 meters)
- Wrist-based Pulse Oximeter (only in fēnix 5X Plus) offers altitude acclimation awareness
- Battery performance: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode, 11 hours in GPS mode, 4.5 hours in GPS mode with music and up to 25 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode (depending on settings)
The fēnix 5 Plus series come in PVD-coated stainless-steel bezel with silicone watch band and Titanium bezel with brushed titanium bracelet version. The fēnix 5 Plus series range from $699.99 (Rs. 47,735 approx.) to $1,149.99 (Rs. 78,480 approx.) and will be available in Q2 2018.