Nikon today introduced COOLPIX P1000, the company’s latest digital camera with world’s highest 125x optical zoom lens that covers range of focal lengths, beginning at the wide-angle 24mm equivalent, and extending to the super-telephoto 3000mm (up to 250x when Dynamic Fine Zoom is enabled).
The camera uses an upgraded EXPEED image-processing engine, which allows for the capture of high-quality images, and the Dual Detect Optical VR achieves a level of vibration reduction equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed, delivering sharp and clear images, even with hand-held telephoto shooting.
Highlights of Nikon COOLPIX P1000
- 1/2.3-in. type CMOS sensor
- High-performance NIKKOR lens, EXPEED image-processing system, and 16.0 effective megapixels Backside illumination CMOS sensor
- 125x (24 mm to 3000 mm) ultra high-power optical zoom, with 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom up to 6000 mm angle
- 1 cm/0.39-in. approx. 2359k-dot OLED viewfinder with eye sensor
- 3.2 -inch 921k-dot (RGB) wide viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment, vari-angle TFT LCD
- 4K UHD/30p or 25p movie recording with Movie manual mode
- Accessory shoe and Accessory terminal
- SnapBridge photo-sharing with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth support
- 5.0-stop Dual Detect Optical VR (Vibration Reduction)
- Intuitive operation with Focus-mode selector and Control ring
- RAW (NRW) format support
- External microphone connector
- Ability to record superlapse and time-lapse movies
- Dimensions: 146.3 x 118.8 x 181.3~355.6 mm; Weight: 1415g including batter
- EN-EL20a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery with battery life for 250 shots or 1 h 20 min video
The CoolPix P1000 is priced at $999.95 (Rs. 68,750 approx.) and will be available in September. We should know details about the India launch in coming months.