Alcatel introduced range of smartphone as well as its first Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone Alcatel 1X at the MWC, and the phone was also announced in India soon after. Now the company has announced the Alcatel 1, another budget Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone at the ongoing MWC Shanghai. It packs a 5.34-inch 18:9 screen, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek SoC and the Android Oreo (Go edition) comes pre-installed with new Google’s Go apps offering better performance, less demand on storage, and efficient data use.
It also provides an intuitive photo editing suite called Social Mode that lets users take, edit and share photos in a fast and fun way with tools including Photo Booth, Social Square, Instant Collage and One-Handed Mode. With Photo Booth, you can take photo booth-style keepsakes with their friends anywhere that are instantly sharable.
Social Square keeps the camera viewfinder open while displaying photos the user just took below, so that they can stay in the photo-taking action. One-Handed Mode frees up a hand for users, letting them take quick snapshots with an interface that’s customizable for their comfort.
Alcatel 1 Android Oreo (Go edition) specifications
- 5-inch (480 x 960 pixels) FWVGA+ 18:9 display
- 1.28GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6739 64-bit processor with PowerVR Rogue GE8100 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 5MP (interpolated to 8MP) rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP (interpolated to 5MP) front camera
- Dimensions: 137.6 x 65.7 x 9.8mm; Weight: 134g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 2000mAh battery
The Alcatel 1 Android Oreo (Go edition) smartphone comes in Blue, Blue, Rose Gold and Metallic Gold colors, is priced at 79 Euros / US$ 89 (Rs. 6,125 approx.) and will roll out in select markets from July.