OPPO will introduce its flagship Find X smartphone at a global event in Paris, France later today. Now The Verge has posted hands-on impressions of the smartphone that reveals all the specifications. As rumoured, the phone features a pop-up front and rear cameras that are motorized, so it doesn’t have a notch for the 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen. It still has narrow bezels on the top for the earpiece. The phone also has 3D facial scanning system for biometric authentication, and will not come with a fingerprint sensor or 5x dual-camera zoom.
The phone has a 16-megapixel rear camera along with a 20-megapixel secondary rear camera that can open on 0.5 seconds. It has a glass back, but it doesn’t have wireless charging for its 3,730mAh battery, instead it uses its own VOOC fast charging technology. This also confirms 256GB storage, in addition to 128GB storage.
OPPO Find X specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 20MP rear camera
- 25MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 156.7 × 74.3 × 9.4mm; Weight: 186g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3,730mAh (typical) / 3645mAh (minimum) battery with VOOC fast charging
The OPPO Find X is expected to come in Black and White colors. The phone will be available for pre-order in China after the event. We should know the price when it goes official later today. The global launch event in Paris starts at 8:45PM on June 19th (12:15 AM IST on June 20th). The phone is launching in India on July 12th.