Meizu has announced M8c, the company’s latest budget smartphone and the successor of last year’s M5c in Russia. It has a 5.45-inch HD+ 2.5D curved glass screen with 18:9 aspect ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 425 with 2GB of RAM, runs Android 7.0 (Nougat), comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a polycarbonate body, features a hybrid dual SIM slot and packs a 3070mAh battery. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Meizu M8c specifications
- 5.45-inch (1400 x 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 146.4x 70x 8.5mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3070mAh battery
The Meizu M8c comes in Black, Blue, Red and Gold colors, starts at 9,990 rubles (US$ 160 / Rs. 10,900 approx.) in Russia and is expected to go on sale in other countries soon.