Exactly after a year from launching the Galaxy Wide 2, Samsung in partnership with SK Telecom has announced the Wide 3 smartphone which like its predecessor will be exclusive to South Korea. The Galaxy Wide 3 sports a 5.5-inch HD display, and packs a 13MP rear camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Wide 3 is powered by an Octa-Core processor, packs 2GB of RAM with 32GB storage. It runs on Android Oreo right out of the box. According to the company, both Wide and wide 2 combinedly have sold more than 1.3 million units. Among those who have purchased the Wide 2, about 70% of customers over 40 and 25% of customers under 10.
Samsung Galaxy Wide 3 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.6 GHz octa-Core processor
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS
- 3300mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Wide 3 will be available in silver and black colors and is priced at 297,000 won ($275 or Rs. 18,829 approx.). The phone will be available from tomorrow.
SK Telecom Smart Device Group head of the palace said:
We launched the ‘Galaxy Wide’ series, which has been solidly fandomed to customers by focusing on ‘stalled’ customers since launching in 2016. We will continue to strengthen our mid to low-end smartphone lineup so that we can provide our customers with high-quality products.