Smartisan has announced Nut R1, the company latest flagship smartphone in China, which is the first smartphone in the world to come with 1TB storage. It has a 6.17-inch Full HD+ display with 18:7:9 aspect ratio and 84% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB RAM and runs on Android-based Smartisan OS 6. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with OIS along with a 20-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information for portrait shots, both with Sony sensors and a 24-megapixel front camera with face unlock that can detect 1024 facial points.
It has a AI-based virtual ultrasound proximity sensor from Elliptic Labs instead of a standard proximity sensor. It has a fingerprint sensor on the glass back that can unlock the phone in 0.17 seconds and packs a 3600mAh battery with suppport for Qualcomm QuickCharge 4+ fast charging as well 10W Qi wireless charging.
It has also introduced Nut TNT Workstation that lets you connect the phone to the screen over USB Type-C and use it as a PC. It has a 27-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) IPS 10-point multi-touch screen with 300 cd/m2 brightness and 100% sRGB, has Three speakers (2 full-range speakers, 1 low-frequency speaker), Smart Amplifier, microphone, 5MP camera with 1.4 μm large pixel size, f/2.0 aperture for video chats and a lot of connectivity options including display port, HDMI, 2x USB Type-C, 4 x Full-sized USB 3.0 and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Smartisan Nut R1 specifications
- 6.17-inch ( 2240 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 18:7:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, 96% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB / 1TB internal storage
- Smartisan OS 6 based on Android
- Dual SIM
- 12MP primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4 μm, 4-axis OIS, secondary 20MP rear camera with Sony IMX350 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 153.3×74.5×7.7mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 4+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging
The phone is already available for order in China. Check out the pricing below.
- Smartisan Nut R1 in Carbon black – 6GB RAM with 64GB storage – 3499 yuan (US$ 548 / Rs. 37,220 approx.)
- Smartisan Nut R1 in Carbon black and Pure White- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage – 3999 yuan (US$ 627 / Rs. 42,547 approx.)
- Smartisan Nut R1 in Carbon black and Pure White – 8GB RAM with 128GB storage – 4499 yuan (US$ 705 / Rs. 47,865 approx.)
- Smartisan Nut R1 in Carbon black – 8GB RAM with 1TB storage – 8,848 yuan (US$ 1387 / Rs. 94,110 approx.)
- Smartisan Nut TNT workstation – 9,999 yuan (US$ 1568 / Rs. 1,06,340 approx.)