HMD Global just announced the Nokia X6, the company’s first Android smartphone in the ‘Nokia X’ series in China, as it had promised. It has a 5.8-inch FHD+ display with a notch and 19:9 aspect ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 636 with up to 6GB RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), has a 16-megapixel rear camera with RGB sensor, along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera with a monochrome sensor, AI portrait and scene recognition and a 16-megapixel front camera with AI selfies with background blur, stickers and face unlock.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the glass back with 95% body covered in glass, has a metal frame, comes with Dual VoLTE support that lets you to use VoLTE on both the SIMs and packs a 3060mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging that can charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes.
Nokia X6 specifications
- 5.8-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB internal storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- 16MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 70.98 x 7.99~8.59mm; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C
- 3060mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Nokia X6 comes in Blue, Black and Silver colors, is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 13,830 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 1499 yuan (US$ 236 / Rs. 15,980 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1699 yuan (US$ 266 / Rs. 18,090 approx.). The phone will be available in China from May 21st.
At the event HMD Global Chief Product Officer, Juho Sarvikas said that the company is setting up Global Future Lab in Shenzhen, China to work on 5G, Hardware, Camera and Better experiences.
We are not sharing any global news today but I think that people outside China would likely enjoy this beautiful product too 🤫— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) May 16, 2018
[Update: In a reply to a Tweet, HMD Global Chief Product Officer, Juho Sarvikas hinted that the Nokia X6 might be available outside China, but he’s not ready to reveal anything about the global launch plans now]