Samsung Electronics today announced Notebook Odyssey Z Gaming Laptop with 15.6-inches 1080p display, up to 6GB GeForce GTX 1060 GPU, up to 16GB RAM. It comes with thermal management hardware; an in-built Z AeroFlow Cooling System consists of three key components; the Dynamic Spread Vapor Chamber, the Z AeroFlow Cooling Design and the Z Blade Blower.
It is powered by the 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor with 6 cores and 12 threads and supports latest DDR4 memory with a bandwidth of 2,400 MHz. The Notebook comes with a refined keyboard with Crater Keycaps that deliver improved precision and comfort and the new Touchpad design, which is located to the side for a more desktop-like feel.
It also comes with silent mode option to focus on what you do with the fan noise able to reach as low as 22 decibels. The Dynamic Spread Vapor Chamber covers both GPU and CPU from edge to edge for optimal heat management; the Vapor Chamber is aided by Z AeroFlow Cooling Design, to efficiently push cold air to the hottest parts of the device above and below simultaneously, while pushing out heat air from the vents.
Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z Gaming Laptop specifications
- 15.6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor with 6GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 1TB SSD (NVMe PCIe)
- Windows 10
- 720p camera
- Backlit KBD, Precision Touchpad
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1
- Dimensions:375.6 x 255 x 17.9 mm; Weight: 2.4kg
- USB-C x 1, USB 3.0 X 2, USB 2.0 X 1, HDMI X1, HP/Mic, DC-in
- 3.5mm audio jack, 1.5W × 2 speakers
- 54Wh battery
The Samsung Notebook Odyssey Z Gaming Laptop will be available in Titan Silver color and will go on sale in select countries including Korea and China in April, and US availability in Q3 2018.