SHARP AQUOS S3 got certified by Taiwanese telecommunications regulator and TENAA few months back, but it was not announced, however the AQUOS S3 mini was introduced in China earlier this week. Now SHARP has confirmed that it will introduce AQUOS S3 smartphone in Vietnam on March 28th. It has confirmed that is will feature a 6-inch FHD+ display with a notch, 12-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, similar to the S2, but it will have a 13-megapixel secondary camera instead of 8-megapixel in the predecessor.
It also has a 16-megapixel front camera with support for face unlock that scans 1024 facial points to unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
SHARP AQUOS S3 rumored specifications
- 6-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, secondary 13MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 148×74×7.98mm; Weight: 157.4g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 2930mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The SHARP AQUOS S3 will come in Black color. We should know the price of the phone when it goes official next Wednesday.