Last week a report said that the Vivo V9, successor of Vivo V7 will launch in India later this month. Now Vivo India has started teasing the smartphone. But the Vivo Indonesia has posted a one-minute teaser video highlighting the specifications and features of the smartphone including a FHD+ FullView Display, 24-megapixel front camera, dual rear cameras and face unlock.
Vivo Thailand has also posted a shot teaser. Images of the retail box has also surfaced in Thailand revealing similar details. In Indonesia, the specifications of the smartphone has been listed by a retailer, but we are not sure about the authenticity.
Vivo V9 rumored specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 24MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm ; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3260mAh battery
It is listed at Rp 4,999,000 in Indonesia (US$ 349 / Rs. 23,645 approx.) and is expected to go official early next week. The phone will be introduced in Thailand on March 22nd. We should know more details later this week. Check out the teaser videos.
[Update: The phone will feature a 6.3-inch IPS display and Snapdragon 626 SoC, according to a recent listing.]