LG just announced V30S ThinQ , the company’s first ThinQ mobile device with integrated AI features ahead of MWC 2018 next week. Apart from the A.I features, it has similar specifications of the V30, but this has 6GB RAM and comes in 128GB (V30S ThinQ) and 256GB storage (V30S+ ThinQ) variants.
- AI CAM – Analyzes subjects in the frame and recommends the optimal shooting mode among eight categories: portrait, food, pet, landscape, city, flower, sunrise, and sunset.
- QLens – Scans QR codes to offer information as to where to buy the product online at the lowest price as well as recommendations of similar items. Supports Food, fashion and celebrities or detailed information of landmarks such as buildings and statues.
- Bright Mode – Uses algorithms to brighten images by a factor of two for better looking photos without the noise.
- Allows users to run apps and change settings through voice commands alone. Works alongside Google Assistant offering direct selection of specific functions, eliminating the need to search through menu options.
LG V30S ThinQ specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (V30S ThinQ) / 256GB storage (V30S+ ThinQ), expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX 6.0+
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus, OIS, EIS, PDAF, 13MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 5MP front camera with 90-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Voice Recognition, Face Recognition
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm; Weight: 158g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
The LG V30S ThinQ comes in New Moroccan Blue color with a green tint and New Platinum Gray colors, both with lenticular finish on the back that displays different hues under certain lighting conditions. It will launch in Korea in March and will be available in the US and Europe after that. No word on the pricing yet.
LG will showcase the smartphone in booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via from February 26 until March 1. LG has also promised to bring key AI features for some of its existing phones (depending on hardware and other factors for the best user experience) via OTA update in the future.