Land Rover and Bullitt Group introduced Land Rover Explore at the ISPO trade show earlier this month, but it did not reveal the specifications of the phone. Today it has published all the details ahead of Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018. It has swappable back covers called packs that can extend capabilities.
The Adventure Pack adds 3600mAh additional battery, GPS patch antenna that improves the reliability and accuracy of the GPS and premium topographic mapping with Skyline augmented reality, powered by ViewRanger. It also acts as a TPU Protective case and comes with Stainless Steel Carabiner with canvas strap. The Bike Pack adds a Bike Mount and case for both stem and handlebar. You can also tilt it to adjust viewing angle or change device orientation. The Battery Pack has 4370mAh battery.
Land Rover Explore specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with wet finger or glove support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.6GHz Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X27 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android Oreo
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Water and Dust resistant (IP68)
- Drop-proof to 1.8 metres with factory fitted screen protector
- Dimensions: 154.8 x 79.9 x 8.35mm; Weight: 188g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery + support for battery pack
The Land Rover Explore is priced at €649 (US$ 799 / Rs. 51,990 approx.) / £599 (US$ 835 / Rs. 54,245 approx.) and will be available for order from April through landroverexplore.com. It will be showcased at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, followed by the Geneva Motor Show from 8th-18th March.