Earlier this week design sketch and render of the Mi MIX 2S surfaced. Now more specifications of the phone has surfaced, thanks to Mi Mix 2S firmware files that XDA-Developers got hold of. This confirms that the phone is code-named ‘polaris,’ as well as Snapdragon 845 SoC and Sony IMX363 camera sensor that coincides with earlier rumors.
It also reveals that it will feature a FHD+(2160×1080 pixels) display, earlier rumor revealed that it will be 5.99-inch in size, same as the MIX 2, but it said to feature 95% screen-to-body ratio. It also confirms 3,400mAh battery, again same as the predecessor. Even though rumors say that it will feature a under-display fingerprint sensor, the firmware doesn’t confirm anything about the fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB internal storage
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with OV5675 sensor
- Under-display fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
We have to wait to find out more details about the upcoming smartphone.