Xiaomi’s sub-brand Huami introduced its Amazfit BIP smartwatch in China back in August last year. Now the company has launched the smartwatch in the U.S. It has a 1.28-inch always-on color touch display and promises over 30 days of battery life with normal use or up to 45 days with minimal notifications on a single charge. It has GPS, barometer, heart rate sensor and 3-axis accelerometer for activity, sports and sleep tracking.
When connected to Android or iOS devices, it lets you receive emails, text messages, calls and app notifications on the watch display. You can track several activities such as runs (indoor and outdoor), cycling and other sports with detailed GPS routes and stats. It shows Daily steps, calories burnt and distance and can provide detailed sleep tracking like duration, deep sleep and light sleep phases as well as awake times.
Xiaomi Amazfit BIP features and specifications
- 1.28-inch ( 176 x 176 pixels) color Always-on reflective touch display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection + AF coating provides at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.
- Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the always-on color touch display
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- Optical heart rate sensor for heart rate zones
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – Compatible with Android and iOS
- 3-axis accelerometer, Air pressure sensor (barometer) for elevation, Geomagnetic sensor (compass), GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
- 20 mm standard width changeable watch band
- Resistant to dust, rain and splashing (IP68)
- Weight: 31 grams
- 190mAh Li-Polymer Battery offers up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications
The Xiaomi Amazfit BIP comes in Onyx Black, Cinnabar Red, White Cloud and Kokoda Green colors, is priced at US$ 99 and is from Amazfit website. Some of the color variants will ship only in March.