OnePlus has released new open betas (Beta 5 for OnePlus 5 and Beta 3 for OnePlus 5T) that brings several new features including new pick-up gesture switcher to choose which way you slide to pick up a phone call, adds CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218 and removes the Clipboard function after feedback from users. There is a new SMS categorization function for India to auto-sorts SMS messages into categories.
It also brings new Navigation gestures that lets you hide the soft buttons and have back, home and app switcher functionality using gestures, similar to iPhone X. As usual the update brings bug fixes and improvements. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Added pick-up gesture switcher
- You can now choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a phone call
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Removed Clipboard function
- Thanks for your feedback, we removed this feature based on that.
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Added new Navigation gestures that you can enable by going into settings and disabling the nav bar. (Only for 5T)
- Added SMS categorization function for India only
- This is an India only feature that auto-sorts your SMS messages into categories
The latest updates are 162MB and 108MB for the OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5, respectively and still have Android security patch for December, 2017. If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this manually by downloading it from downloads.oneplus.net.