China-based Transsion Holdings’ TECNO Mobile today launched Tecno Camon i, the company’s latest smartphone in India. It has a 5.65-inch HD+ 18:9 FullView display, is powered by quad-core MediaTek processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with the company’s own HiOS on top. It has 13-megapixel front and rear cameras with LED flash, and the rear camera has quad LED flash.
It has a unibody metal design, features a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with dedicated dual SIM and a microSD card slot and packs a 3050mAh battery.
Tecno Camon i specifications
- 5.65-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) HD+ FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with HiOS
- 13MP rear camera with quad-LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 13MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 152.2 x 71.7 x 7.75 mm; Weight: 134g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3050mAh battery
The Tecno Camon i comes in Champagne Gold, Midnight Black and City Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 8999 and will be available from offline stores.
Commenting on the launch, Gaurav Tikoo, Senior Vice President Marketing, TRANSSION India said:
The brand new Camon i has been meticulously designed keeping in mind the needs and wants of a millennial. Our extensive research revealed that Indian youth look for great cameras that can help them shoot at any time of the day, in any light condition. The “Magic in any light” positioning for our Camon i series resonates with this consumer requirement. The Full View display powered by Quad core processor again aligns itself to consumers’ love for large screens and a good processor for high-quality mobile browsing experience. We are a product focused company with an aim of being among top five smartphone brands in India by end of 2018. With key launches in every two months, we truly believe that Camon i will provide an unmatched smartphone experience to the consumer, besides keeping them wowed with the price tag that ensures a great value for money proposition.