Meizu just announced M6s, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the M series, as it had promised. It was introduced as Meizu S6 in China. It packs a 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 display and is the first smartphone to be powered by Samsung Exynos 7872 Hexa-Core SoC with Mali-G71 GPU. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a Super mBack fingerprint sensor on the right side that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds and is also customizable to perform several actions. There is a Halo button below the display that has pressure sensor to perform the same mBack actions. It has a unibody metal design and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging that can charge from 0 to 30% in 15 minutes.
Meizu M6s specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass in-cell display with 450cd / m² brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- Hexa-Core (2.0GHz x 2 Cortex-A73 + 1.6GHz x 4 Cortex-A53) Samsung Exynos 7872 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.2
- Dual SIM
- 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 5P lens, CMOS sensor
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 152 × 72.54 × 8mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2930mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Meizu M6s / S6 comes in Champagne Gold, Matte Black, Moonlight Silver and Cobalt Blue colors, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 155 / Rs. 9925 approx.) for the 32GB storage version and the 64GB storage version costs 1199 yuan (US$ 186 / Rs. 11909 approx.). It will be available for order starting today and goes on sale from January 19th in China. No word on the global roll out yet.