HTC just announced HTC U11 EYEs, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the U11 series in Taiwan, as expected. It has a 6-inch full HD+ 18:9 display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 with 4GB of RAM. Like the original U11 and U11 Plus, this feature Edge Sense technology for squeeze interaction, but this runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat).
It has the same 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 on the back Optical image stabilization (OIS), dual LED flash and f/1.7 aperture and the main highlight of the smartphone are the dual 5-megapixel front cameras to for HDR Enhancement and Bokeh Mode to blur the background.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and also comes with Face Recognition Unlocking. It has a glass back and packs a 3930mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging capabilities. It is also dust and water-resistant with IP67 ratings.
HTC U11 EYEs specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super LCD 3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 64-bit Mobile Platform with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI
- 12MP UltraPixel 3 rear camera with Dual LED flash, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF),BSI sensor, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP + 5MP dual front-facing cameras with f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, Real-time bokeh effects
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 74.99 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 185g
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- USB Type-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, Hi-Res audio certified
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3930mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC U11 EYEs comes in Red, Silver and Black colors, is priced at NT$ 14,900 (US$ 504 / Rs. 32020 approx.) and is already available for pre-order in Taiwan and ships from February 1st.