OnePlus has released new Oreo-based open betas (Beta 19 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 28 for OnePlus 3) that brings several new features including support for aptX/aptX HD, better shortcut menu, photo map in Gallery to view photos by location, emergency information (ICE) in Contacts to add your personal information and more along with several optimizations and bug fixes.
OnePlus also says that there might be some issues like long press doesn’t activate on the home screen. This needs to be reported and a restart should fix the issue for time being. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
- Optimized shelf visual style
- Add a photo map to view photos by location
- UI enhancements and other optimizations
- Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
- Wireless hotspot management optimizations
- Support for aptX/aptX HD
- UI fixes for Quick Settings
- Fixed slow charging issues
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
- Optimized battery usage statistics
- Updated Android Security Patch
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
The update is 137MB in size for the 3 and 3T and finally has November Android Security update. If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this manually by downloading it from downloads.oneplus.net.