After leak, BlackBerry Mobile has officially announced the TCL-made BlackBerry Motion, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at the GITEX Technology Week in Dubai. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile platform, runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) and has a water-resistant body with IP67 ratings. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the KEYone.
It has a customizable Smart Convenience Key, fingerprint sensor on the home button with BlackBerry logo and a Locker Mode to keep your content safe. It features a hardened aluminum frame and soft-grip textured back.
It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging tech that lets you charge up to 50% in 40 minutes and promises over 32 hours of battery life with mixed use.
BlackBerry Motion specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 403 PPI, scratch-resistant DragonTrail Glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water resistant (IP67)
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 75.4 x 8.13 mm
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry Motion comes in Black color, is priced at Dh 1,699 (US$ 462 / Rs. 30,210 approx.) in UAE and 1,699 Riyal (US$ 453 / Rs. 29590 approx.) in Saudi Arabia. It will be distributed by Axiom Telecom in the Middle East, and also available from Etisalat. It is available for pre-order from all leading retailers in the UAE and KSA starting today and will roll out in other markets later.