Xiaomi unveiled the Mi MIX 2 smartphone at an event in China last month. Manu Jain, Group Vice President and Managing Director of Xiaomi India on the same day confirmed that the smartphone will launch in India soon. He just announced the phone will launch in India on October 10th at an event in Delhi.
It has been over one and half years since Xiaomi launched its flagship Mi 5 smartphone in India. It did not decide to launch last year’s Mi Mix, Mi Note 2 and this year’s Mi 6 in the country, instead it launched several budget and mid-range smartphones in the Redmi series that sold well, making it one of the top players in the Indian market.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (Special Edition)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 185g (Standard); Dimensions: 150.5x 74.6 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 187g (Special Edition)
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 starts at 3299 yuan (US$ 506 / Rs. 32,350 approx.) for the based 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and goes up to 4699 yuan (US$ 721 / Rs. 46,060 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage Special Edition model. We don’t know which version the company plans to launch.