Xiaomi just announced the Mi Note 3, the company’s latest smartphone in the Note series in China, along with the Mi MIX 2. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform and has 12-megapixel dual rear cameras with 2x optical zoom and portrait mode, similar to the Mi 6, but this has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with Adaptable AI beautify features that is said to offer realistic beautify effect without compromising on quality.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the front and also supports face unlocking. It features a curved glass body with aluminum frame, comes with stereo speakers and packs a 3500mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 550 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera, 2μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 152.6×73.95×7.6 mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 383 / Rs. 24,500 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and 2899 yuan (US$ 445 / Rs. 28,420 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version in Black and the same version in Blue costs 2999 yuan (US$ 460 / Rs. 29,400 approx.).