LG introduced the LG UX 6.0 with the G6 earlier this year that brought several new features. Now the company has announced LG UX 6.0+ that will debut with the LG V30 to offer more features for the immersive 18:9 OLED FullVision display including new personalization options for a more intuitive user experience.
- Graphy can be accessed in the camera’s Manual Mode that allows you to choose from among a portfolio of professional shots, each with a different style and mood or they can download photos taken by professionals from the Graphy website or mobile app and apply those metadata presets – such as white balance, shutter speed, aperture and ISO – to photos taken with the V30. GIFs can be quickly created in the Gallery menu while the Create Movie option allows for the creation of movie using photos and/or video files which can then be edited in the included Quick Video Editor.
- Second screen that is replaced by the semi-transparent Floating Bar allows for quick access to frequently used functions and can be dragged completely off when not needed.
- Always-on Display can now display Quick Tools, Music Player or a personal photograph as well in addition to clock
- Face Recognition lets you instantaneously unlock the phone using the front facing camera even when the phone’s display is off without the need to press the power
- Voice Recognition supported by Qualcomm Aqstic voice UI technology for always-on, always-listening capabilities that requires very little battery power uses a combination of the user’s voice and self-generated keywords (ideally three to five syllables combined) to unlock the phone, without the need to press a button or swipe the screen.
- Haptic feedback can be customized with various included vibration combinations that can be matched to the phone’s ringtone.
LG already confirmed that V30 will include an f/1.6 aperture camera and glass lens in the dual camera to deliver greater light-collecting ability than a plastic lens as well as better color reproduction. It also confirmed 6-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ OLED FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels.
The LG V30 event will take place Maritim Hotel in Berlin on August 31st, 2017 at 9:00 am CEST (12:30 PM IST).