BlackBerry India has sent out invites for the launch of a new smartphone on August 1st. The company has also released a teaser video for the phone on its social channels that hints at the launch of KEYone with 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) display with 3:2 aspect ratio, 4-row QWERTY physical backlit keyboard with keys that respond to touch gestures anda fingerprint sensor built into the spacebar.
It was introduced at the MWC 2017 event in Barcelona, runs Android 7.1 (Nougat) with security and productivity suite from BlackBerry. It has an anodized aluminum frame and a soft touch textured back, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC, packs 3GB of RAM and has a 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that charge up to 50% in just 36 minutes.
BlackBerry KEYone specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI, scratch-resistant glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry KEYone comes in Black color. We should know the price when it launches in the country on Tuesday. Check out our hands-on impressions and photo gallery of the KEYOne from MWC 2017.