Canon today introduced EOS 200D / Rebel SL2, a new entry-level DSLR with a compact body with a grain-finish for a premium feel and weighs just 453 grams. It has a Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the latest DIGIC 7 image processor. ISO speed reaches 25600, helping in reducing motion blur caused by slow shutter speeds, which is common especially under low light conditions.
Canon EOS 200D specifications
- Optical Viewfinder with a 9-point AF System
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100–25600
- Built-in Flash
- Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11n, NFC and Bluetooth
- 3-inch 3:2 Clear View II TFT, 1040 K sRGB dots Vari-angle Touch Screen
- Full HD video recording: MPEG4/H.264 at 60 fps
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 5.0 frames per second (fps)
The Canon EOS 200D comes in Black, Silver and White colors and is priced at Rs. 47,495 with an EF-S18-55 IS STM kit lens and also comes with an EF-S18-55 IS STM + EF-S55-250 IS STM lens at Rs. 60,495. It will be available in India at the end of July.
Commenting on the launch, Eddie Udagawa, Vice President of Consumer Imaging and Information Centre, Canon India said:
Canon’s EOS series of DSLR cameras have a history of being at the forefront of image making. With the EOS 200D we are ensuring that a higher standard for photography is created. With a perfect mix of performance & features, and a highly user friendly interface aimed to make photography easier for first time users, this is one DSLR that makes capturing great images, a truly effortless pursuit. So effortless indeed, that we’re inviting users to ‘Come Out & Play with the EOS 200D.