Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor 9, its latest flagship smartphone at an event in China, as expected. It is the same Huawei P10 that was introduced earlier this year, with Honor branding and without Leica SUMMARIT branded lenses. It has a 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass display with DCI-P3 coverage, is powered by an Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960, has 6GB of RAM, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1 and a 20-megapixel rear camera along with a 12-megapixel camera for 2x hybrid zoom and laser autofocus for quick focus.
It has a 3D metal and glass body that changes color when light is reflected on it, has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, AKM Hi-Fi audio chip for an enhanced audio and packs a 3200mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor 9 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.3 × 70.9 × 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh (typical) / 3100mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Honor 9 comes in Blue, Amber Gold, Gray and Black colors, is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 338 / Rs. 21780 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2699 yuan (US$ 397 / Rs. 25,580 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (US$ 441 / Rs. 28,415 approx.). It will be available for order starting today and goes on sale on June 16th.