ZTE’s nubia brand just announced Nubia Z17, the company’s flagship smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p bezel-less display, is powered by an Octa-Core processor and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.0. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture,0.03 second dual pixel focus, 1.4μm pixel size along with a secondary 23-megapixel secondary camera for 2x optical zoom and 10x dynamic zoom. It also has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera and NeoVision 7.0 camera features.
Nubia says that it is water resistant and it has passed 39 process for it but it has not mentioned any IP ratings. It has a unibody metal design and a fingerprint sensor on the back. It packs a 3200mAh built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, making it the first phone with Qualcomm’s latest QC4+ support. The company says that 25 minutes of charge will offer all battery life.
Nubia Z17 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 450 nits brightness, 96% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 8GBLPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.0
- Dual SIM
- Water resistant
- 12MP rear camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.55″ CMOS sensor, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 23MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 152.60×72.38×7.6 mm; Weight: 173g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0
The Nubia Z17 comes in Aurora Blue, Black Gold, Obsidian Black, Solar Gold, Flame Red colors and is priced at 2799 yuan (US$ 411 / Rs. 26,490 approx.) for the base 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 3399 yuan (US$ 499 / Rs. 32,170 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 587 / Rs. 37850 approx.). It will be available for order starting today and goes on sale in China starting from June 6th.