[Update 2 – April 17: Samsung just sent out invites for the launch of its next Galaxy S8 series in India on April 19.]
[Update 1: Samsung has removed the tweeted and posted a new one without the date. However their Facebook post with the date is still there. It might also be removed. We will update the post once we get the invite for launch event.]
After starting pre-registrations recently, Samsung today confirmed that it will launch its flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones in India on April 19th. Both the phones were introduced last month at an event in New York.
Dual SIM version with hybrid SIM slot will be launched in India, confirms Samsung India website.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ specifications
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- S8 – Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0mm; Weight: 152g
- S8+ – Dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm; Weight: 173g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ will come in Midnight Black, Coral Blue and Maple Gold colors in India. Even though India launch event is set for April 19th, Wednesday, these phones will likely go on sale only on April 21st along with the global launch. We should know the price of the phones in a week.