BlackBerry’s partner PT BB Merah Putih today announced BlackBerry Aurora in Indonesia, after some rumors earlier this month. It packs a 5.5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snadpragon 425 SoC, has 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
BlackBerry said that the Aurora is specifically designed to appeal to Indonesian customers and is made in Indonesia. It is also the first ever dual-SIM BlackBerry smartphone.
BlackBerry said that it has worded closely with BB Merah Putih to ensure that security has been engineered into every layer of Aurora. It will also be offering regular in market security updates from BlackBerry.
BlackBerry Aurora specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.8 x 8.55mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
The BlackBerry Aurora comes in Gold, Silver and Black colors and is priced at RP 34,99,000 (US$ 260 / Rs. 17,476 approx.) in Indonesia. It will be available for pre-order till March 12, 2017. Throughout the pre-order period, customers have the chance to receive a special prize as well
payment options with a one-year installment, said the company.
BlackBerry CEO John Chen has congratulated BB Merah Putih for the launch of the smartphone.