Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier smartwatches at the IFA 2016 back in September last year. Today the company has sent out invites for the launch of Gear S3 in India on January 10th, as expected. This will be the company’s first major product launch in the country.
Both these have IP68 ratings for water resistance, NFC, built-in speaker for activate voice messaging and music listening, and GPS.
Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier Specifications
- 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display, 278ppi
- 1GHz Dual-Core processor
- 768MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Tizen based wearable platform 2.3.2
- Built-in speaker
- IP68 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, A-GPS/Glonass
- Dimensions of classic: 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 57g (without band)
- Dimensions of frontier : 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 62g (without band)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
We should know the price of Samsung Gear S3 when it launches next Tuesday.