LG has launched its flagship V20 smartphone in India as it had promised. It has a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Quantum display, a 2.1 second (160 x 1040 pixels) screen, similar to the V10. It runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat), has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 75-degree lens, f/1.8 aperture, OIS and Hybrid Auto Focus (HAF) integrating three AF mechanisms – Laser Detection AF, Phase Detection AF (PDAF) and Contrast AF – for both videos and photos along with a 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture and 135-degree lens for capturing wide shots.
LG V20 specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IPS Quantum display at 513 ppi
- 2.1-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) IPS Quantum Display at 513ppi
- Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano+nano)
- 16MP rear camera with OIS 2.0, F1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED Flash, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, 75-degree lens and 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 135-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions – 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm; Weight: 173g
- Fingerprint sensor
- ESS SABRE ES9218 Quad DAC, B&O audio, High AOP Mic
- 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The LG V20 comes in Titan, Silver and Pink colors and is priced at Rs. 54,999 (MOP), while the MRP of the phone is Rs. 60,000. It also comes with a B&O headset worth Rs. 18,000, free SF coated back cover and 6 months screen replacement offer. It will be available offline stores and exclusively available from Amazon.in online starting from December 6th. LG is also offering assured buyback that lets you exchange your old smartphone for a LG V20 and get minimum assured Rs. 20,000 on select smartphones. Check out our review of the LG V20 if you are planning to buy the smartphone.
Commenting on the launch, Amit Gujral-Marketing Head, LG Mobiles India said,
The much-awaited V20 will set new standards in the smartphone segment. Especially Audio & Video experience on V20 would excite consumers like never before. With the new flagship phone V20, one can weave a beautiful story every day – all thanks to its high-quality audio, video and dual camera features. In short, it’s a multimedia powerhouse. And the best part, this extremely stylish phone has passed stringent 60,000 validation tests to be a real sturdy & durable smartphone.