Meizu today introduced PRO 6 Plus, its latest flagship smartphone and the successor of PRO 6 that was introduced earlier this year. It has a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED always-on display with 0.53mm narrow bezels, 3D press that perceives different levels of pressure on the screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 8890 SoC, runs Flyme OS based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, pixel size of 1.25μm, four-axis optical image stabilization, dual-tone 10-LED ring flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and laser auto focus.
It has an unibody metal design, mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition built into the home button to quickly unlock the phone in just 0.15 seconds and also heart rate detection built into it. It packs a 3400mAh battery with mCharge 3.0 24W fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 60% in 30 minutes.
Meizu PRO 6 Plus specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 3D Press, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection, 103% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- 2.3 / 2GHz Octa-Core Exynos 8890 SoC with Mali-T880 MP10 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB/ 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Flyme 6.0 OS based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone 10-LED Ring Flash, Laser Auto focus, 4-axis OIS, PDAF, 6P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25μm size, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS ES9018K2M audi chip, ADI AD45275 amplifier
- Dimensions: 155.6×77.3mmx 7.3mm; Weight: 158g
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C, NFC
- 3400mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu PRO 6 Plus comes in Champagne Gold, Sky Grey and Moonlight Silver colors and is priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 435 / Rs. 29,850 approx.) for the 64GB version with 2GHz Exynos 8890 SoC, while the 128GB version with 2.3GHz Exynos 8890 processor costs 3299 yuan (US$ 479 / Rs. 32,833 approx.). It will be available for order starting today in China and goes on sale December 23rd.