Plantronics has announced BackBeat PRO 2, its latest wireless headphones with on-demand active noise cancelling. It is the successor of popular BackBeat PRO and is 35% smaller, 15% lighter compared to previous generation model. It promises up to 24 hours of battery life and has a 3.5mm audio jack so that you can use it even when you run out of battery.
It has new ear cups for better ergonomics and ear coverage, a flexible ear cup mount, and a headband and yoke that distribute weight evenly around the wearer’s head for a comfortable fit during even the longest listening sessions.
Highlights of Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2
- On-demand active noise-cancellation (ANC) lets you minimize background noise, and switch to open-listening mode without removing your headphones
- 40 mm drivers with Plantronics signature audio
- Class 1 Bluetooth for an impressive 100 meter range when paired with a Class 1 Bluetooth device
- Multipoint technology to connect up to two devices simultaneously and easily switch between them
- Smart sensors automatically pause or resume your music as you remove or put on your headphones
2-way pivot earcup design
- Built-in dual mics
- Intuitive on-ear controls
- 3.5 mm jack
- Whispered status alerts
- 24 hours of listening and talk time, up to 21 days of standby power, and up to six months of DeepSleep hibernation if inadvertently left on.
The Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 comes in black and tan colors and is priced at US$199.99 (Rs. 13,340 approx.). A special edition BackBeat PRO 2 SE with NFC pairing, more premium finishes and a hard travel case cost US$249.99 (Rs. 16,680 approx.).