Xiaomi has stared its last teaser for the Mi 5S, ahead of its announcement tomorrow. This teases ultrasonic fingerprint sensor that had surfaced in a presentation slide earlier this month. The company recently confirmed ceramic body, dual rear cameras and CEO even shared some camera samples taken using the phone.
Even though there were rumors about Mi 5S featuring a pressure-sensitive display back in June, a new screenshot that is said to be taken from the Mi 5S shows two options for an app, hinting at Apple 3D Touch-like feature.
Couple of renders have also surfaced, one shows dual camera arrangement on the left corner and three buttons on the left side apart from the power button on the right, other shot shows dual camera arrangement in the center, like the teaser.
Xiaomi Mi 5S rumored specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 650 nits brightness
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary rear camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3490mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
According to rumors, the Xiaomi Mi 5S is expected to be priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 299 / Rs. 20,040 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB variant and the Mi 5S Plus with 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage is rumored to cost 2999 yuan (US$ 449 / Rs. 30070 approx.). It is expected to go on sale in China on September 29th. We should know more details when it goes official tomorrow.