Xiaomi has scheduled an event on September 27th in China where it will introduce a new device. The teaser features a huge ‘S’ wording, that hints at the rumored Mi 5S smartphone. There are also rumors of Mi 5S Plus with a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen.
A recent leak revealed that Xiaomi will ditch the home button for Mi 5S and use Qualcomm’s ultrasonic fingerprint scanner that will be present beneath the glass.
Xiaomi Mi 5S rumored specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 650 nits brightness
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3490mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi event takes place at China National Convention Center, Beijing on September 27th.