Samsung just launched Galaxy A9 Pro (SM-A9100), the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘Galaxy A’ series in India, as we had reported last month. It packs a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), 8-megapixel front-facing camera, 4GB of RAM and a 5000mAh battery with support for fast charging that lets you charge the battery from 0 to 100% in 160 minutes, and up to 32% in just 30 minutes.
It has dual SIM support with dedicated nano SIM slots and a microSD expansion slot. It has 4G LTE connectivity, fingerprint sensor under the home button, has metal frame and glass back similar to the Galaxy S6 series smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable memory upto 256GB via micro SD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.7 x 80.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 210g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v 4.2, ANT+, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro comes in Gold, Black and White colors, is priced at Rs. 32,490 and will be available across India starting 26th September, 2016.
Commenting on the launch, Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobiles Business, Samsung India Electronics said:
The millennial generation is increasingly consuming content on their smartphones & the 6” sAMOLED display on Galaxy A9 Pro enhances that experience. With capabilities like multitasking with higher memory and advanced processor, one of the largest batteries in the industry for long lasting use and an enhanced camera with Optical Image Stabilizer along-with low light photography capability, the Galaxy A9 Pro provides a Flagship experience. We are excited to expand our Galaxy A series with the new Galaxy A9 Pro which offers a differentiated experience to our consumers for their active lifestyle.