Opera has updated its beta app for Android to version 37.1 that brings a new UI that will be rolling out gradually. The browser interface has been rebuilt completely, including settings.
Users in US and Indonesia will get a new start page with a news feed powered by a new Discover engine to read the latest news right when you start the browser, and easily dive in and start exploring. This will be rolled out to more countries and languages in future. The update also brings a number of bug fixes. Get the latest Opera beta for Android from Google Play.
Opera has also started a new pilot program for a new browser for iPhone and iPad. Opera says that the new browser concept includes ideas and features from other Opera browsers that include:
- User-friendly and visual search
- Nice home screen with both favorites and recent sites, so you can quickly resume sessions
- Private mode directly from the home screen
- Improved tabs overview
- Improved security
- Visual bookmarks that can also be used as a reading list
- Data savings mode using Opera Turbo
Interested iOS users running iOS 9 can signup here to test the new browser using TestFlight. This will upgrade over the Opera Mini installation, says Opera so it could be a lightweight browser.