The anticipated Xiaomi Redmi 4 design has now been leaked in few purported live images by a Weibo user. While it is rumoured that the company might host an event in China on August 25 to launch the Redmi 3/3S successor, thus far we only knew few specifications of the Redmi 4 courtesy GFXBench listing.
The leaked images appear to be of a Redmi 4 testing unit and showcase the device in full glory. But the design of the alleged Redmi 4 seems no different than the existing lineup. With unibody metal design, the phone will have fingerprint sensor module below the rear camera.
Previously, the phone surfaced on Geekbench revealing an octa-core 2.0GHz Snapdragon 625 SoC, 5-inch full-HD display, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Now the leaked image suggests that there will be another variant with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, and of course the same Snapdragon 625 processor.
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/ 3GB of RAM, 16GB/ 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Fingerprint sensor, metal-unibody
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
Xiaomi is also expected to unveil the second generation of its Mi Note flagship smartphone in September, which could be the Mi Note 2 that surfaced last month with a 5.7-inch 1080p or Quad HD display, 4000mAh battery, Snapdragon 821 SoC and dual 12-megapixel cameras.