Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been certified in the US, at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The regulatory body has certified the SM-N930V, SM-N930A, SM-N930P, SM-N930T, SM-N930R4 and the SM-N930W8.
All of these models are expected to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with possibly 6GB of RAM. The Galaxy Note 7 is tipped to come with an iris scanner. A Weibo user (via) has shared some image of the iris scanner in action on the Galaxy Note 7.
In order to register your pupils you will have to position your device 25-35 cm away from the phone facing it. You will have to position your eyes in the two circles that are seen in the image above. The iris scanner will let verify user identity while unlocking the phone. An iris scanner can detect 266 traits of the iris while a fingerprint scanner recognizes 40 traits of a fingerprint.
Samsung Galaxy Note7 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED curved edge display
- Octa-Core Exynos 8 / Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, dual-pixel PDAF, Smart OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- S Pen stylus
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3600mAh battery with fast charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event takes place in New York at 11:00 a.m. EDT (8:30 PM IST) on August 2, 2016. There will also be simultaneous events in Rio de Janeiro and London. As usual it will live stream the event on samsung.com.