TP-LINK, popular for its networking products has announced Neffos Y5L, the fourth smartphone in the Neffos series after the C5L, C5 and C5 Max smartphones that were unveiled earlier this year. This is a budget phone with a 4.5-inch FWVGA screen, is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snadpragon 210 SoC and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
TP-LINK Neffos Y5L specifications
- 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) FWVGA IPS display
- 1.1 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) processor with Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2020mAh battery
The TP-LINK Neffos Y5L comes in white, black and yellow colors and will roll out soon in Europe West and East, South Asia and South East and the Middle East and Africa. Pricing will be announced in the local countries closer to the sale.
Regarding the latest smartphone, Jeffrey Chao, president of TP-LINK, said:
We are committed to bringing smart yet simple technology to everyone, including those who are still starting out.That commitment is in line with our goal to make our users’ lives easier.