Huawei’s honor today launched the Honor 5C, successor to last year’s Honor 4C. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p IPS display with 74% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 650 16nm SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.5 seconds, features full metal body, comes with 4G LTE connectivity and has hybrid dual SIM support that lets you use the second slot as a expansion slot when required.
Huawei Honor 5C specification
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Kirin 650 (Cortex A53 – 4× 2 GHz + 4×1.7 GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Huawei EMUI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Dimensions: 147.1×73.8×8.3mm; Weight: 156g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Box speakers, Smart PA amplifier, SWS sound
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minium) battery
The Huawei Honor 5C comes in Grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 10,999 in India. It will be available exclusively from Honor store and Flipkart through flash sale starting from June 30th. Registration for the sale begins today. It comes with 15 months of warranty and free screen replacement for one month.
Commenting on the launch, Allen Wang of Consumer Business Group, Huawei India, said:
Honor smartphones are for the brave, people who are discerning and look to get the best in class and most innovative product and have a flair to keep up with their fast paced life. After the success of Honor 5X earlier this year, we are excited to introduce Honor 5c in Indian market and we are hopeful that we would continue to receive a great response from our consumers.
Honor has always taken a lead in technology innovation and puts quality first. In the era of price wars we focus on quality over price and thrive on packaging together technology that make a product which has an edge in the market. Honor 5c features the much faster Kirin 650 16nm processor which is the first of its kind in this segment and will offer supreme performance to its users. India is a very significant market for Honor and with these persistent series of innovation, we would like to reiterate our commitment to the Indian consumers and offer upgraded experience with every launch.