Asus has announced ZenPad Z8 (ZT581KL), the company’s latest tablet for US operator Verizon Wireless, after it was leaked recently. It has a 7.9-inch QXGA display, is powered an hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 SoC and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ZenUI on top. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Asus ZenPad Z8 specifications
- 7.9-inch (2048×1536 pixels) IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 (4x 1.4GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ZenUI
- 8MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual-front facing stereo speakers, DTS-HD audio
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4680 mAh battery
The Asus ZenPad Z8 comes in Black color, is priced at $249.99 (Rs. 16,825 approx.) and will be available through Verizon retail stores starting June 23rd. It will also be available on contract at $10.41 per month for 24 months.
Commenting on the new ZenPad, Benson Lin, corporate vice president and general manager for mobile communications, ASUS, said:
ASUS is excited to launch the ZenPad Z8 with Verizon. The ASUS ZenPad Z8 brings an incredible feature set and top-end specifications to Verizon customers at a very attractive price. We’re thrilled to begin this relationship with Verizon and for users to experience the ZenPad Z8 on Verizon’s expansive 4G LTE network.