Asus has launched new variants of Zenfone Max that was launched earlier this year. This is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 SoC, comes in 2GB and 3GB RAM variant and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). The internal storage has also been increased to 32GB. Other specifications such as the 5000mAh battery, 5.5-inch HD display and 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone flash and Laser auto focus for quick focus, are the same.
Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL-6A072IN/ZC550KL-6M079IN) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 77.5x156x10.55 mm; Weight: 202g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 5000mAh (non-removable) battery
The Asus Zenfone Max comes in black, orange and blue colors and is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 2GB RAM variant and Rs. 12999 for the 3GB RAM variant. It will be available through Flipkart, ASUS Exclusive Stores and retail outlets across India. Asus also released a new ad for the phone featuring its brand ambassador, Bollywood actress, Sonakshi Sinha.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Region Head – South Asia & Country Manager for ASUS India said:
Zenfone Max has been one of our star products. The product features including its long battery life, ability to be a portable charger for other devices, stunning good looks and an affordable price resonated well with our audiences and helped us deliver our promise of making luxury affordable. The enhanced version of the Zenfone Max with a brand new processor, increased memory and more personalization options helps us stay true to our ethos and offer an extremely cost-effective high-end luxury product.