Meizu just announced PRO 6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at an event in China. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p AMOLED display with 3D press that perceives different levels of pressure on the screen, 0.715mm narrow frame, 70.8mm width and 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection. It is powered by a Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X25 SoC, has 4GB of RAM, 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone 10-LED Ring flash, Laser auto focus and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus in just 0.07 seconds. It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and runs Flyme OS 5.5 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It has full metal body and also has mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition built into the home button to quickly unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. It has mCharge 3.0 24W fast charging that charges the 2560mAh battery 2.4 times faster than standard charging. It has NXP’s SmartPA chip and Cirrus Logic CS43L36 DAC for an enhanced audio experience.
Meizu PRO 6 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 3D Press, 2.5D glass Gorilla Glass 3, 100% NTSC color gamut, 450 nits brightness, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X25 processor (Cortex 1.4GHz x4 + Cortex A53 2.0GHz x4 + the Cortex A72 2.5GHz X2) with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Flyme OS 5.5 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 21.6 MP rear camera with dual-tone 10-LED Ring Flash, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, 6P lenses, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 70.8 x 7.25mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 2560mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu PRO 6 comes in Gold, Silver and Gray colors and is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 386 / Rs. 25700 approx.) for the 32GB variant and the 64GB version costs 2799 yuan (US$ 432 / Rs. 28,790 approx.). It is now available order in China and goes on sale from April 23rd.